I’m a simple girl, really. I have a few favorite things that I love after God, my husband, family, and dog, of course.
While this is not a comprehensive list, I would say these are my top favorites. Things you should know if we’re going to be friends.
Favorite TV Shows:
- How I Met Your Mother – It was a good run…9 years, and although I still have mixed feelings about the final episode, it’s still one of the few TV shows I can watch all the time.
- Parenthood – This show is just so…real. I feel with the characters. And the music is so good too. Not to mention they’re located in the Bay Area.
- Gilmore Girls – One of my all time favorites. Yes they talk fast and have crazy conversations, but that’s the best part of it. And I think it would be so fun to live in a town like Stars Hollow.
- Midnight in Paris – It’s based in Paris. And Owen Wilson travels back in time to hang out with some of the greats like Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. While Rachel McAdams is pretty annoying in the movie, I’m content with just watching the scenery.
- Mean Girls – Seems even more appropriate now that I work exclusively with high school senior girls. Although, my clients are far from the Plastics. Oh the days when Lindsay Lohan had so much promise and potential.
- Oceans 11 – The George Clooney and Brad Pitt version. A band of good looking men (mostly anyway) outsmarting a giant casino? Enough said.
- Nutella – This counts as a food right? Well, it should. It makes pretty much anything taste better. Although, it’s too bad it doesn’t really work for vegetables…
- Red Velvet Cake – I think there’s a special place in my heart for this cake because I didn’t discover it until I met Cent. I had never heard of Red Velvet Cake and my roommates at Disney World made one. Life changed. I’m long overdue for a cupcake. Get your Red Velvet Cake/Cupcake in Dallas from Low Country Quisine.
- Iced Caramel Machiatto – My Starbucks drink of choice. Although, I’ve found that I can get the same fix from a caramel iced coffee with cream (plus it’s cheaper!)
- Things made in a crockpot – So not “technically” a food, but any appliance that takes all the work out of cooking is my best friend. I’ve made some pretty good chilis and stews in our crockpot…I just have to remember to get all the ingredients together!
- France – Duh. If there’s one thing you should TOTALLY know about me, it’s that I love France. I lived there for three years as a little girl, one year studying abroad in college, and I want to go back. ALL. THE. TIME. It helps that I speak French.
- California – My home state. It’s where I want to be when the summer is stifling here in Texas. I’m lucky that I can go back and visit my family whenever I get a little bit homesick.
- New York City – I’ve had the chance to go a handful of times and it’s one of those special places. To me, it has the closest vibe to Europe – mostly because of the awesome Subway system and not needing a car to explore. That, and you can pretty much find something to do 24/7.
- Burt’s Bees – This stuff is the best. For someone like me who often finds herself without makeup, let alone lip gloss or something similar, Burt’s Bees is perfect for dry lips, without that heavy lip balm feeling.
- Urban Decay’s Eye Primer Potion – A total must-have. Seriously, the best stuff in the world if you’re going to wear makeup. I don’t know how they do it, but this Eye Primer is magic and will help your eye makeup stay all day and all night long. Pair it with one of their eye liners and you’re set – the eye liner doesn’t budge! Worth every penny.
- Rainbow Sandals – I discovered Rainbows when I was in college in San Diego. It’s like the standard flip flop. They are a little pricey, but totally worth it. They last forever pretty much. Plus, they are made with leather, so once you break them in, they conform to your feet. That sounds weird, but it’s a good thing!
What are some of your favorite things?